accessing a windows directory

From:
Eric Peers
Date:
February 27, 2002 07:51
Subject:
accessing a windows directory
Message ID:
02022707525000.03313@linux
I'm writing a simple file search program to run on a Windows machine and am
having trouble accessing a directory with spaces in the path name.  For
example:
my $dir = "D:\\Images\\Active Images 600 dpi\\"

I have not found a way for perl to use this directory without stopping at the
spaces.  Encasing the 'Active Images 600 dpi' in quotes causes a compile
error, so I'm not certain where to go with perl.

I can supply the full code if needed.

Thanks,

Eric