Online database with DBMs??

From:
Matt Schaft
Date:
February 25, 2002 16:05
Subject:
Online database with DBMs??
Message ID:
00b601c1be59$90c0b640$b17ba8c0@compaq
Hi,

I am trying to make a linguistic database app. for the web.  As I am new to
Perl and not a programmer this is proving to be quite a challenge.  My
original idea was to use Perl's DBMs and a hash of arrays that looks like
this :

{ phrase1  =>  ["meaning1", "meaning2",..."meaningN","note1",
"note2",..."noteN"] }

Everything seems to function fine (I'm still in the offline phase) but I get
no output when I go to print the hash only the keys come out.  I am  using
modifications of the code I found in perldsc (the flinstones examples) but
there must be some trick for DBMs.

I kind of want to scrap the DBM idea and use a database but I have no idea
where to start with that, any suggestions on either??

Matt