Parsing mail from STDIN

From:
Rand Cufley
Date:
February 25, 2002 12:50
Subject:
Parsing mail from STDIN
Message ID:
73B0FABF58C2D411AB6C00A0CCD4FEA8448BD4@mail.supergraphics.com
Hi all,

I was looking for a module to help facilitate
receiving a email message into a script and
putting attachments in various directories
depending on the subject heading or the attachment
extension.

Basically the configuration as follows:

mail recipient is a pipe to the perl script
instead of to a user mailbox.

script receives the entire email message through
STDIN

attachments are extracted, decoded if necessary,
and copied to a specified directory depending
upon the filename and/or extension

I've looked at a few modules that parse email headers
and such, but most seem to be predicated on using a
user mailbox, or having the sendmail server itself
being a perl process.  So I'm not sure which one to
start digging into.  Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Rand