RE: Sockets in an array

From:
Richard Smith
Date:
RE: Sockets in an array
Message ID:
01C1BE00.B55EA240.rsmith@datamarktech.com
Hi Jenda,
I have had problems using "my" when refering to File Handles, especially
when I wish to pass them to subroutines.  I have also had problems
declaring them with $ or @, and have been
forced to use:
local	*logHandle;
Is this because I am declaring the actual filehandle, and not a reference
to it?
Thanx,
Smiddy

> How are you declaring "newsocket"?  I would probably decare it as
> "local" rather than as "my". Worth a try anyway.  Unfortunately I
> can't try it here. Thanks, Smiddy

Please don't. The rule of thumb should be : ...