Problem w/ Module Installation

From:
Thomas Whitney
Date:
February 25, 2002 01:30
Subject:
Problem w/ Module Installation
Message ID:
20020225035956.51386.qmail@onion.perl.org
I am attempting to install a module on a Win2K machine using Active State
Perl v5.6.0 build 615.

I decompress the module and extract its contents to a new folder in
\perl\site\lib.   Then in the command prompt I 'cd' into that new directory
and type 'perl makefile.pl' --everything goes fine, there are no errors and
a makefile is produced.

Here is the problem:
I type 'nmake' and I get:  <'nmake' is  not recognized as an internal or
external command.>

Note: I use  'nmake' because that is the result of "perl -V:make"

Any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong woudl be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Thomas Whtiney