using perl to generate a simple report.

From:
Carlo Sayegh
Date:
February 22, 2002 10:46
Subject:
using perl to generate a simple report.
Message ID:
3C76909B.1020403@anim.dreamworks.com
Hello All,

I've written a very simple script where the user inputs data, from which
a report is generated.  My problem is that some of this data is in rows
and columns and every time the user hits enter to start a new line, the
script thinks they are done and moves on to the next part of the script.
  Can anyone tell me How I can have the user start a new line without
terminating this part of the program.

What I presently have:

    print "\n\nPlease state below product name and ID code.\n\n";

What they would normally input:

RAX-234        19853
RAX-234b      19854

Thank you,