Time to ask for help

From:
Hockey List
Date:
February 22, 2002 09:50
Subject:
Time to ask for help
Message ID:
20020222175027.47543.qmail@web20010.mail.yahoo.com
Ok. Time to ask for help.

Remember me, they guy who wanted to make the goalies
stats module? Well, I have learned enough perl to do
it (pat myself on the back). I got a script that runs
and essentially does what I want it to do, but has a
couple problems. For now, Im settling for a simple
program where I input the stats by hand and the
program updates the stats and prints the HTML for me
to cut and paste to the site. This will make it much
easier for me than updating the HTML by hand every
time. since im at the most basic of beginner levels,
im sure its very simple and im  just overlooking
something. if any of you could take a look at this
script and tell my why this doesnt work, id appreciate
it.

1 - when I make an update, it saves to a different
file and if you make more that one update, the
database starts making new entries rather than editing
the existing one.

2 - the HTML output is what it should look like. but i
cant figure out how to make it loop through and print
a line for each entry according to rank.

Thanks in advance.

-Michael #39