$ENV{remote_user} - solved

From:
IT Workflow - Terry Honeyford
Date:
February 22, 2002 02:01
Subject:
$ENV{remote_user} - solved
Message ID:
F1BB7D9DF225D61192BF00902707BE4E1851@firewall

Thanks to all who sugested that I needed to Define an authentication realm
for my CGI directory
That did the trick!

terry

On Thu, Feb 21, 2002 at 02:42:31PM -0000, IT Workflow - Terry
Honeyford wrote:
> but when I use Apache 1.3.22 I don't get as many $ENV's  back from
> the server, in particular the one my script is looking for -
> ($ENV{remote_user})

In apache's httpd.conf, you should enable these lines:

	LoadModule auth_module modules/mod_auth.so
	AddModule mod_auth.c

and define an authentication realm for your cgi directory, like this:

	<Directory /var/www/cgi-bin>
		Options ExecCGI
		Order allow,deny
		Allow from all