FW: Timeout issue using the Perl NET cmd method

From:
Bill Barrett
Date:
FW: Timeout issue using the Perl NET cmd method
Message ID:
NMELIMJBBPEJPGOLMOPKCEEPCBAA.Bill.Barrett@wcom.com
Between one of my colleagues and myself, we stumbled on to the problem. It
was an incorrect Prompt assignment when I was doing a new on my telnet
object. Those darn typos.

Sorry,
Bill Barrett

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Barrett [mailto:Bill.Barrett@wcom.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2002 12:58 PM
To: beginners@perl.org
Subject: Timeout issue using the Perl NET cmd method

request for help. I am having the following problem with a test script.

I issue the stmt: @lines = $t->cmd("who");

And my script times out at that statement.

I have the Dump_Log turned on. I can see that my command executes
successfully on the remote host. But, I want to finish the remaining
statements in my script. These statements read the output to look for a
particular condition. When I get this script finished, my intention is to
write a script that checks to see if a particular process is up and running
correctly. If the process is not working properly, I am going to bring it
down and start a fresh version of that process.

Thanks in advance,
Bill Barrett
Bill.Barrett@wcom.com