stuck again downloading file

From:
Tanton Gibbs
Date:
February 14, 2002 01:54
Subject:
stuck again downloading file
Message ID:
000901c1b53d$8286f640$f8ffa8c0@brooklyn
Ok, I'm having a problem downloading a .zip file from a webpage.  If I type
in the filename in the browser URL textbox I get redirected to the main
site.  I can navigate through the main site and get to the same web page I
typed in and then download the file, but I cannot go directly there.  This
causes a problem with LWP::UserAgent as it gets redirected to the main site
and cannot download the file.  I have no idea why I can navigate to it, but
cannot download directly.  I thought it might have something to do with
cookies, so I added a cookie jar to UserAgent but to no avail.  Does anyone
know why I am getting redirected and what I can do in perl to prevent my
UserAgent from getting redirected?

Thanks!
Tanton