forking in NT

From:
srinivas krish
Date:
February 13, 2002 05:53
Subject:
forking in NT
Message ID:
20020213135233.24076.qmail@web8005.mail.in.yahoo.com
Hi!,

I have to make a platform independent script that will
start a server and client in the script. I attempted
this using fork method. Although the script runs well
in UNIX, it does not run on Nt - giving the error:
The process cannot access the file because
it is being used by another process.
The Unsupported function fork function is
unimplemented at
 line 60.
I have Active Perl 5.6 in my case. Even the document
says that "On some platforms such as Windows where the
fork() system call is not available, Perl can be built
to emulate fork() at the interpreter level. "

can anyone guide as to how the script can be made to
run in UNIX and DOS(I am using cygwin32 for NT)?

Regards
srinivas

Looking for a job?  Visit Yahoo! India Careers
      Visit http://in.careers.yahoo.com