Does anyone know anything about this..?

From:
Lorne Easton
Date:
February 12, 2002 22:45
Subject:
Does anyone know anything about this..?
Message ID:
20020213064522.58732.qmail@onion.perl.org
I have data like this.

Computername:Description:Failed Pings

At present I am putting this data into seperate arrays
and using an index to get it out in order. Not an
extremely efficient way to do this and I will need to
add more fields later and the like.

I have considered using a hash, but if I,  say use the
keys function, and am using a multidimensional hash
(i.e $hash => computername => description => failed pings) it will, I
assume, return all the values as keys, whereas I only want the first layer
(I.E Computername)
then I can use it to referance the data with known keynames.

How would I do this? Could you please provide some
example code for me? Thanks a lot in advance..

Regards,
Lorne