wondering what might be causing this error

From:
Ian Christie
Date:
February 11, 2002 15:55
Subject:
wondering what might be causing this error
Message ID:
5.1.0.14.0.20020211184315.02142120@bmts.com
Hi,

I'm trying to get a script to work. I'm using linux and when I do something
like the following

../myscript.cgi

I get

bash: ./myscript.cgi: bad interpreter: no such file or directory

I know the #! is correct. Could this be a bash problem? The script runs
fine if I do

perl ./myscript.cgi

Ian Christie

When the least they could do to you was everything,
then the most they could do to you suddenly held no terror.
         -- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)