Installing Win32::SerialPort

From:
Lorne Easton
Date:
February 11, 2002 15:21
Subject:
Installing Win32::SerialPort
Message ID:
20020211232132.15204.qmail@onion.perl.org
I have Activestate Perl installed.

C:\code\perl>perl -v

Copyright 1987-2001, Larry Wall

Binary build 630 provided by ActiveState Tool Corp.
http://www.ActiveState.com
Built 20:29:41 Oct 31 2001

I am using a cpan distro of  Win32::SerialPort (0.19). The install goes ok
and installs the appropriate files in the appropriate directories. I am
getting the following error though

C:\code\perl>echo use Win32::SerialPort; >> ser_test.pl

C:\code\perl>perl ser_test.pl
Can't locate Win32/API.pm in @INC (@INC contains: c:/Perl/lib
c:/Perl/site/lib .
) at c:/Perl/site/lib/Win32API/CommPort.pm line 5.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at c:/Perl/site/lib/Win32API/CommPort.pm
line
5.
Compilation failed in require at c:/Perl/site/lib/Win32/SerialPort.pm line
4.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at c:/Perl/site/lib/Win32/SerialPort.pm
line 4
.
Compilation failed in require at ser_test.pl line 1.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ser_test.pl line 1.

All the files are in the right spot and the
module in question appropriately refers to Win32API
as Win32API and not Win32::API as the error
would suggest (I think) . I have tried it on another
pc using a fresh install of ASPerl, but to no avail.

There is no PPM for it either..

Any ideas, or has anyone come across this before..?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give..

Cheers,
Lorne