Installing Perl

From:
Naveen Parmar
Date:
February 11, 2002 14:40
Subject:
Installing Perl
Message ID:
F151e2hXSDx1kLwxTQT000143d3@hotmail.com
I have installed Perl 5.6.1. I tried switching to a different directory
d:\perl_working and execute one of my files. But, the following error
message is displayed:

"Can't open perl script d:\perl_working\debug.pl:" No such file or directory
exists.

Upon saving, I assigned the name "hello.pl". However, when I check the
directory under the command prompt, I see all my files saved such as
"hello.pl.txt".

How would I get rid of the .txt extension?

TIA,
- NP