append local file to remote file

From:
Alex Harris
Date:
February 7, 2002 12:08
Subject:
append local file to remote file
Message ID:
F146gx3InV57h449kFL0001074d@hotmail.com
Apologies for the loosely interpreted perl issue below.

I have rsh on my system and nothing else is available that I know of.  I
need to send a local file to a remote system and APPEND the local file to
the remote file.  All I can find in the man pages however is how to do just
the reverse.  I realize that I can rcp it over then do the remote file
append to remote file, but I'd like to do the whole process in ONE step not
two.  Any ideas?  Anything in Perl?