Re: use Strict/use strict (was Re: what have I...)

From:
Jenda Krynicky
Date:
Re: use Strict/use strict (was Re: what have I...)
Message ID:
3C61BDAF.28474.C51E146@localhost
From: Jeff 'japhy' Pinyan <jeffp@crusoe.net>
> On Feb 6, John said:
>
> >#!/usr/bin/perl -w
> >
> >use Strict;
>
> You are using Windows (sorry).  Please change that line to
>
>   use strict;
>
> Because Windows is case-INsensitive, 'use Strict' loads strict.pm, but
> because Perl is case-sensitive, the effects of strict.pm are never
> enabled.

I wish perl would issue a warning if it loads the file for module
"Foo", doesn't find package "Foo", but finds a package "foo".
(That is it finds only a package that differs from the requested only
in the case.) :-(

This is too easy to fall into ... with less common modules of course.

Jenda

=========== Jenda@Krynicky.cz == http://Jenda.Krynicky.cz ==========
It's just that in the mess on my table ... and in my brain.
I can't find it.
					--- me