use Strict/use strict (was Re: what have I...)

From:
Jeff 'japhy' Pinyan
Date:
February 6, 2002 13:42
Subject:
use Strict/use strict (was Re: what have I...)
Message ID:
Pine.GSO.4.21.0202061639020.612-100000@crusoe.crusoe.net
On Feb 6, John said:

>#!/usr/bin/perl -w
>
>use Strict;

You are using Windows (sorry).  Please change that line to

  use strict;

Because Windows is case-INsensitive, 'use Strict' loads strict.pm, but
because Perl is case-sensitive, the effects of strict.pm are never
enabled.

--
Jeff "japhy" Pinyan      japhy@pobox.com      http://www.pobox.com/~japhy/
RPI Acacia brother #734   http://www.perlmonks.org/   http://www.cpan.org/