Re: help for sed

From:
Bill Akins
Date:
Re: help for sed
Message ID:
sc6159d6.074@ehc-gate2.eushc.org
I believe Perl has all of the funtionality of sed so why not use the substr() function?

I have not tested it and I'm sure others here can do this in one line, but couldn't you do something like this?

if ($string =~ / >>/i) {
$ll = (length($string) - 3);
$string = substr($string, 1, $ll);
}

With sed, I think it would be something along these lines:

sed 's/abc\.lnk >>/abc\.lnk/' filename

>>> r p <r_p_fr_2000@yahoo.fr> 02/06/02 09:58AM >>>
hi everyone.

i am trying to use sed in order to change all my batch
script.

the pb is:

i have the following batch:
@echo on
TIMETHIS.exe k:\Validation\Soft\abc.exe
k:\test_1.sct k:\Validation\PlugIn\abc.link >>
k:\test_1.log
@echo off
exit
------------------------------------
i want to delete all character after abc.link

how can i do with the command sed.
i have written this. but it does not work
--------------------------------------
chem=K:/Validation/try
cd $chem

echo "Creation Of All '*.bat files ..."
find -type f -iname '*.bat' > list.txt

for i in `cat list.txt`
do
  echo "Processing File $i .."
  if [ -f $i.new ]; then rm -f $i.new ;fi;
  sed  -e ' s/^>>//g' $i > temp
  mv temp $i
done
echo "Done."