sockets help??

From:
Hotmail - mrengc
Date:
February 6, 2002 02:10
Subject:
sockets help??
Message ID:
OE49T96n6ZhBagkMNcy00006bb9@hotmail.com
Hello,

Just wondering if you could give me a hand with sockets?  If not I understand.

I am trying to write winsock software to have one client connect to three different server computers (not simultaneously) by simple sock stream.  I tried to create one socket and connect to each computer.  Once the previous connection is completed with one of the computers, I would change the last part of the IP to connect to another computer, but with the same socket.  I used the same port for all connections.  It did not work.  Any suggestions?

When I use closesocket() function, does that make that socket unusable?
After you connect to a server computer, then leave continue doing something else, is the connection still live?

Thanx!

Raymond