Re: use strict

From:
Frank
Date:
Re: use strict
Message ID:
20020205151954.GA28081@fysh.org
On Tue, Feb 05, 2002 at 09:18:17AM -0800, Octavian wrote:
> Hello all,
> I am a new member. please tell me what is used for the following line in a
> script:
>
> use strict;
>
> I saw that if I use it, this make sometimes my scripts to have errors and
> without it, they works.
---end quoted text---

use strict means that strict programming rules are applied to your code.
One example is you need to declare variables using 'my' as in:

my $a="value";

if you are using Unix, try this on the command-line, it should report a
description of what strict does.

perldoc strict
--
 Frank Booth - Consultant