translation of logical operators

From:
Filson
Date:
February 1, 2002 04:44
Subject:
translation of logical operators
Message ID:
002001c1ab1d$cf62bb40$66a5ccd4@cc136899a
Dear perl mongers. I need to know if I can translate symbols in a text file into logical operators like AND|OR|NOT and so forth. The thing is that I'm trying to build a simulator for digital cuircuts, with input files in 3DML style (ascii graphix style) like this:

=A-N>
=O>
>A-

Hrm, a little explanation might be handy.
A dual input AND gate inputs signal to a NOT gate.
Dual input OR gate.
Result of AND+NOT, and OR gates enters AND gate and out comes result.
I know it's a mouthfull or two, since I just got the Lhama, but if you could kick me in the right direction...

filson