return # of minutes since 5:00pm Jan 18, 2002 in perl on linux box

From:
KeN ClarK
Date:
January 31, 2002 15:11
Subject:
return # of minutes since 5:00pm Jan 18, 2002 in perl on linux box
Message ID:
Pine.LNX.4.44.0201311809040.30450-100000@quantifier
subject fairly sums it up. If I use localtime to get what time it is right
now how can I determine the number of minutes between a KNOWN moment, such
as above, and say, at the time the script is run? So far I have nothing
and am perplexed...

http://quantifier.org GnuPG: 7C828670
georef:    33:54:5.879N 83:19:16.824W
  6:00pm  up 20:08,  3 users
You're currently going through a difficult transition period called "Life."