Re: it is bad?

From:
Jonathan E. Paton
Date:
Re: it is bad?
Message ID:
20020131165202.75319.qmail@web14604.mail.yahoo.com
| sub add_module
| {
|  my($tempposition,$name,@variables) = @_;
|  my $mdl_output;
|  do "$name.mdl";
|  if ($mdl_output=&ModulAdd(@variables))
|  {

$html_write{$tempposition}="$html_write{$tempposition}$mdl_output";
|  }
|  undef &ModulAdd;
|  my $length=length($mdl_output);
| }

Indentation should be improved, although I'll only
demonstrate my preferences for 2/4 spaces per indent plus
some other preferences.

Copious commenting is useful, especially since I cannot
tell what you are trying to achieve just from this little
snippet.  At a bare minimum, you should be able to
understand each module you create SEPERATE from any others.
 If you (or a workmate) cannot, you need to comment more.

sub add_module {
    my ($tempposition, $name, @variables) = @_;

    # Comment here please
    $name.mdl->();
    my $mdl_output = ModulAdd(@variables);

    # Comment here please
    if ($mdl_output) {
        $html_write{$tempposition} =
"$html_write{$tempposition}$mdl_output";
    }

    # What if we fail to get that?  Should we be doing
anything?
    else {
        # If blank, leave out the else {}
    }

    # This is quite unusual... and need commented or
explaination
    undef &ModulAdd;

    # Wasted
    my $length=length($mdl_output);