Accessing Disam96 files from Perl?

From:
Kevin Buterbaugh
Date:
January 30, 2002 14:13
Subject:
Accessing Disam96 files from Perl?
Message ID:
OF14BBFC42.72F9E01C-ON86256B51.00795F42@bssb.org

Greetings All,

     First time poster to this list, so be kind please... ;-)

     Is it possible to access Disam96 files from within Perl (via a Perl
module perhaps)?  If so, how do I do this?  I've searched CPAN already,
along with perl.org (or course!).  So far, I haven't found anything.

     Background info:  We have a Sun E6000 running Solaris 8 with Sun's
stock Perl 5.005_03.  We run a 3rd party publishing application called
Vista.  Vista uses Disam96 formatted files.

     Since this is a kinda off the wall question, if you'd like to reply
directly to me I'd be glad to summarize any responses back to the list.
Thank you...

Kevin Buterbaugh
LifeWay

"Failure is not an option.  It's a standard feature of every Micro$oft
product..."