saving source of a page to a file

From:
rory oconnor
Date:
January 30, 2002 13:30
Subject:
saving source of a page to a file
Message ID:
1012426333.5550.85.camel@orthanc.thewhiteroom.com
I'm not sure if perl's the right weapon for this, but I bet it is.  I
need to save the source of a webpage to a file.  Can anyone think of a
good way to do that?

I'm using my commerce application to create a webpage using a template
and query string parameter data...and the final rendered page is what I
need to save.

On that page, it is possible for me to send the query string data to
perl, but I wonder if perl could send an http request with those
parameters, load the page, and then save the source to a file?  Or maybe
that's not even the easiest way to do it...I dunno.

any help appreciated!

Thanks,

Rory