File::Find on Win32 -- Directory Permissions Denied

From:
RArul
Date:
File::Find on Win32 -- Directory Permissions Denied
Message ID:
78B385FB8F70D511857900B0D0D06A58708157@mail.newenergyassoc.com
I am trying to use File::Find module on Win NT 4.0 with Activestate Perl to
find the directory sizes on a network share drive. If the individual
directories are protected by Windows NTFS permissions, the File::Find module
throws a warning message on STDOUT saying "Can't opendir(Z:/blahblah):
Invalid Argument". I have two questions here.

a) I am using formats and would like to output this information to a format
handle rather than the default STDOUT. IS there a way to do it via
File::Find?

b) How would I detect those directories which cannot be opened in a Win32
OS? (-r, -R etc did not work for me).

Am I missing an obvious thing, here?

Thanks,
Rex