How to open PIPES

From:
Agustin Rivera
Date:
January 30, 2002 09:11
Subject:
How to open PIPES
Message ID:
003301c1a9b0$fe848340$cbfea8c0@agustinr
Ah...pipes.  I know this has been asked a hundred times, too, but the word
comes up so much it's hard to make a search on.

I have a telnet program that is capable of letting other programs utilize
it's STDIN and STDOUT.  So, how do I open the program and pipe the data into
and to a Perl script?  Please don't suggest the Net::Telnet module instead,
because what I learn here could be used in future applications.

Appreciative,
Agustin Rivera
Webmaster, Pollstar.com
http://www.pollstar.com