RE: How do I read a web page from within perl?

From:
McCollum, Frank
Date:
RE: How do I read a web page from within perl?
Message ID:
59B292A4FEF3D411A10600508B6F27B2036C4F61@clttmp21.ncmi.com
There are several Modules to make this easy at CPAN.org.  Check out
HTML::TreeBuilder in particular, and TableExtract is very useful for tearing
numbers (for instance) out of various tables.

-Frank

-----Original Message-----
From: Collins, Joe (EDSI\BDR) [mailto:JCollins2@exchange.ml.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2002 9:27 AM
To: 'beginners@perl.org'
Subject: How do I read a web page from within perl?

For example, suppose I want to capture www.cnn.com into an array
and process the text. How does one do this?

Many thanks,

Joe

IMPORTANT NOTICES:
          This message is intended only for the addressee. Please notify the
sender by e-mail if you are not the intended recipient. If you are not the
intended recipient, you may not copy, disclose, or distribute this message
or its contents to any other person and any such actions may be unlawful.

         Banc of America Securities LLC("BAS") does not accept time
sensitive, action-oriented messages or transaction orders, including orders
to purchase or sell securities, via e-mail.

         BAS reserves the right to monitor and review the content of all
messages sent to or from this e-mail address. Messages sent to or from this
e-mail address may be stored on the BAS e-mail system.