changing file attributes

From:
Miller, Jeremy T.
Date:
January 18, 2002 05:20
Subject:
changing file attributes
Message ID:
707F3F5DDB6BD511A3CF0008C7863E234F2FC2@MCDC-ATL-41
I'm receiving several hundred data files from from several states via
CD-ROM.  When these files are copied to my hard drive or network storage,
the read-only attribute remains on the file.  What I would like to do is
have Perl to remove the read-only attribute for all of the files that I put
in a certain folder (e.g., L:\Flu\StData\).

If there is a better way or another program to do this, can someone direct
me to the appropriate tool?

Thanks,

Jeremy T. Miller
Centers For Disease Control