Encryption/Decryption

From:
Gary Luther
Date:
January 15, 2002 08:35
Subject:
Encryption/Decryption
Message ID:
sc43f710.090@mhesac.org
I need some help from someone that may have traveled this road.

We will be receiving encrypted data from a remote location that we need to decrypt and process.

What I know about the encryption is that it is symmetric, with DES and CBC.

My question is can I use a Perl routine to Decrypt the information?

If so what modules do I need?

Crypt::DES?  are there others?

The specs indicate that is it is also Base-64 encoded so that I will  need to decode then decrypt, I think

Is there a CBC module? that I need or does the DES module understand all of that.

Any help is appreciated.  This sucker is overwhelming me a tad bit.

"They that can give up essential liberty
   to obtain a little temporary safety
   deserve neither liberty  nor safety."

-- Benjamin Franklin
RRRRR                Gary Luther
RR  RR               SAF
RR  RR UTABEGAS      2500 Broadway
RR RR                Helena, MT 59602
RRRR                 gluther@safmt.org
RR RR  ULE !!
RR  RR               Visit our website at
RR   RR              http://www.safmt.org