Using SMPT on Windows NT

From:
Rohesia Hamilton Metcalfe
Date:
January 10, 2002 11:07
Subject:
Using SMPT on Windows NT
Message ID:
20020110190755.80405.qmail@web21208.mail.yahoo.com
Hello,

Thanks to Eric and Christopher, who pointed out the bit of my form-processing script that doesn't
carry over to Windows NT (from UNIX, where it is working fine) -- following my post yesterday.

And apologies to all for what I realize was a too-long post.

However, I am still in the dark as to HOW much needs changing.

The reference, which I know is wrong for the NT server the script will be moving to, is to a
sendmail program, like so:

$emailProgram   = "| /usr/sbin/sendmail -oi -t";

I tried changing this to:

$emailProgram   = "| /usr/sbin/SMPT -oi -t";

....just in case this would do it (as I was told I'd have to "genericize" the script to use SMPT),
but it didn't. Christopher tells me NT probably doesn't understand the / / way of describing
directory structures either.

Is there somewhere I can go to find out how different a script needs to be for Windows NT than for
a UNIX server? Or how to write to use SMPT instead of sendmail? (I don't know anything about
different mail systems). I'm hoping it's no more difficult than finding the right path to SMPT
(and then everything will work?) but perhaps "genericize" means much more than that?

Many many thanks if anyone can point me in a bit more of the right direction,

Rohesia

=====
Rohesia Hamilton Metcalfe