dir check (NT4 vs. Win2k)

From:
HANSON
Date:
January 9, 2002 16:42
Subject:
dir check (NT4 vs. Win2k)
Message ID:
6AF2616E2D2C1BF47B03B010C755EC63@markhanson.starband.net
Hi, I was hoping someone might be able to tell me why a dir
check is failing on Win2k and not on NT4...

I have the following code:
$StartingDir = $ENV{"TMP"};
( -d $StartingDir ) or die "TMP variable $StartingDir is
not actually a valid directory\n" ;
$StartingTempDir = $StartingDir . $Slash . "foo";
  ( -d $StartingTempDir ) or mkdir $StartingTempDir, 0711;
( -d $StartingTempDir ) or return "0";

When run under NT4 there's no problem. When run on Win2k
the final directory check fails returning 0. What gives?

Perl Version is 5.001 Build 110

Any thoughts are appreciated.

/Mark