Links to DBM Tutorials?

From:
Morbus Iff
Date:
January 9, 2002 07:50
Subject:
Links to DBM Tutorials?
Message ID:
5.1.0.14.2.20020109104642.00ab7540@mail.totalnetnh.net
Does anyone have any good tips or links to DBM tutorials? I'd like to start
using DBFile and the like to store a database. From the limited knowledge I
know of them, you can only use single level hashes?

Ultimately, I'm looking to store something like this:

  $pictures{001}{name}
                {width}
                {description}
  $pictures{002}{name}
                {width}
                {description}

Likewise, I'd be keeping a second database of:

  $comments{001}{1}{name}
                   {email}
  $comments{001}{2}{name}
                   {email}
  $comments{003}{1}{name}
                   {email}

And so on and so forth. An RDMBS is NOT an option for me. I could do this
stuff easily with a delimited text file DB, but was under the impression
that DBM allow faster access.

Any pointers or tips are appreciated.

--
Morbus Iff ( softcore vulcan pr0n rulezzzzz )
http://www.disobey.com/ && http://www.gamegrene.com/