Encryption/Decryption problem

From:
Gary Luther
Date:
January 9, 2002 07:49
Subject:
Encryption/Decryption problem
Message ID:
sc3c0343.017@mhesac.org
I have a problem that I am not sure how to approach.

Problem:

We have a website that will direct users to another site for authentication.. The user is then directed back to oursite and the
authenticating site responds to a PASS or FAIL URL depending on whether or not the user passed or failed authentication.

The authentication site will pass back encrypted text to the PASS or FAIL URL. They are using RSA crypto library for encryption which
I think uses the DES Federal standard. (I could be all wet here so speak up if I am mis-stating something. I am kind of new to encryption algorithms)

Anyway, MY Question:

Is there a CPAN module that will decrypt this text message?  Is this a reasonable thing to do.

For reference purposes the authentication site is STAN used in connection with school loans. Has anyone traveled this route before?

I am looking for any and all information that I can find. Any information will be appreciated.

"They that can give up essential liberty
   to obtain a little temporary safety
   deserve neither liberty  nor safety."

-- Benjamin Franklin
RRRRR                Gary Luther
RR  RR               SAF
RR  RR UTABEGAS      2500 Broadway
RR RR                Helena, MT 59602
RRRR                 gluther@safmt.org
RR RR  ULE !!
RR  RR               Visit our website at
RR   RR              http://www.safmt.org