Re: hiding file data

From:
Andrea Holstein
Date:
Re: hiding file data
Message ID:
3C3C1C77.1D5C3913@yahoo.de
Stuart Alexander wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have a few perl files that I need to send out to a client. However, we do
> not want them seeing what are in the files for obvious reason. Is there any
> way that I can hide the info in the files, or should I creat an executable.

If you're afraid that your client understand your perl progs,
you should be afraid of him to understand all your executables.

If you create an exe with ActiveState or perl2exe,
it's very simple to get the underlying perl prog.
That's because a perl exe is just the interpreter with
your script in script form and all modules even in script form.
So you'll need some cryptographic things,
which can be cracked, too.

Have you recognized that every program in the world is cracked by anyone
?!
It's better to follow Randal L. Schwartz and the open source philosophy.

I never hided the code from my clients.
They knew that I can solve their problems quicker than they could.
That's why they paid me.
And that's why they called me for support, too.
Aren't you better programmers than your clients ?

Greetings,
Andrea