Re: hiding file data

From:
merlyn
Date:
Re: hiding file data
Message ID:
m1zo3okzgc.fsf@halfdome.holdit.com
>>>>> "Stuart" == Stuart Alexander <stuart.alexander@totalise.co.uk> writes:

Stuart> I have a few perl files that I need to send out to a
Stuart> client. However, we do not want them seeing what are in the
Stuart> files for obvious reason.

What obvious reason?

Stuart> Is there any way that I can hide the info in the files, or
Stuart> should I creat an executable.

Please don't ask the very community that brought you Perl by making
Perl open source and all the contributions to Perl also open source,
to help you lock up something that you are making money with.

You can do it in the privacy of your own cube, but you are on your
own.  Please for the sake of the community rethink your strategy
though.

See www.gnu.org and www.opensource.org for the philosophy.  What
you're doing is a bit like walking in to a free potluck, grabbing some
of the food, and then selling it as your own "secret recipe" in the
restaurant next door.  Feh.