Perplexed

From:
Dean Theophilou
Date:
January 8, 2002 18:08
Subject:
Perplexed
Message ID:
NEBBJJFGELLPJKBPHKFGCEGICJAA.dtheophilou@genisar.com
Hello:

	I created a Perl logon script for use on an NT TSE machine which sets
environment variables and maps drives.  It runs as expected when it's run from
the path specified in User Manager for Domains->Profile->Logon Script Name.
Since I don't want the user to be able to see it when he logs on, I use runh.exe
with the script.

	Unfortunately, when I use runh.exe, the user's program, which launches at
startup, can't find the drive that the logon script is supposed to map.  I've
also noticed this kind of behavior when calling the logon script from
Usrlogon.cmd.

	I'm using both $ENV as well as Win32::AdminMisc to set the environment
variables. It seems to me that the environment variables and drive mappings
don't take effect fast enough (if at all) before the startup program launches.

	Does anyone have a clue as to why this is and if there is a work around?
Thanks.

Dean