add text to a file.....Help

From:
Peter Lemus
Date:
January 8, 2002 08:47
Subject:
add text to a file.....Help
Message ID:
20020108164733.13437.qmail@web10103.mail.yahoo.com
Hi,
I have a file "1st file) that reads...
one
two
three
four
five

Anotherone "2nd file"that reads:
day
weeks
months
quarter
year
century

I need to read the 2nd file and add the text from it
to every word of the first 1st file. So it will look
something like:

oneday
oneweek
onemonth
onequarter
oneyear
onecentury
twoday
twoweek etc..etc.

Pleas give me an example on how I can accomplish this.

thanks in advanced.

=====
Peter Lemus
UNIX/NT Networks Engineer
plemus11@yahoo.com

--The universe is way too big for us to be alone; the real question is; who is out-there, besides us "humans"?
--A wise man will be master of his mind, a fool will be its slave.  Dr.David Schwartz.
--Enjoy every moment of the day; Live like as if today was your last day alive, and perhaps, it might be.