passing a hash using cgi.pm

From:
Josiah Altschuler
Date:
January 8, 2002 08:09
Subject:
passing a hash using cgi.pm
Message ID:
339D68B133EAD311971E009027DC47970F3E8A@montecarlo.cgr.harvard.edu
Hi.  I'm having trouble passing a hash from one program to another through a
link using cgi.pm.  My first program passes the hash like this (it's
actually a hash that is one element of an array of hashes):

print pre a ( { -href =>
"http://140.247.111.176/cgi-bin/redundancies.pl?request=%{$clusArrayHash[1]}
" }, "Redundant sequences");

The code from my program that receives the hash looks like this:

%myHash = param("request");
print header, start_html("Results"),
	hr(),
	h1("Results");
for $key (keys %myHash)
{
	print ("$key, $myHash{$key}");
}
print end_html();

And the web page ends up displaying data that looks like this:
%{HASH(0x1bc2a60)},

Is there some sort of simple dereferencing that I'm missing?
Thanks for any help you can give me,
Josiah