Import Appointments into Outlook using Perl and vCalendar

From:
Booher Timothy B 1stLt AFRL/MNAC
Date:
January 8, 2002 07:37
Subject:
Import Appointments into Outlook using Perl and vCalendar
Message ID:
30C9E24891FFD411B68A009027724CB701C9AE96@eg-002-015.eglin.af.mil
Hello all,

At our lab we constantly have emails sent out in the form:

7-15 Jan	Testing of Product X         (POC:  Joe Smith) 	Room 265
2 Jan	Leaders Meeting	             (POC: John Doe)	Room 121
8 Jan 	Review	             (POC: Tom)	Room 30

I am trying to take these word documents and create some time of vCalendar
file so I can automatically import all of these dates into a personal
information manager (such as Outlook or Palm). As it is everyone is
laboriously adding these things to their respective calendars or manually
inputting this information into Outlook.

Does anyone know of a module that takes inputs and generates vCalendar
files. Is there a better way to do this?

Any thoughts?

tim