not perl, but need some help with Linux...

From:
McCollum, Frank
Date:
January 5, 2002 12:57
Subject:
not perl, but need some help with Linux...
Message ID:
59B292A4FEF3D411A10600508B6F27B2036C4D24@clttmp21.ncmi.com
Does anyone know where to get help if you destroy a computer while
installing Linux...?

Problem (of course this comes up after formatting c: drive and using a boot
disk)
1. Linux autoboot.bat program detects windows running and will not install
(of course windows is not running, though)
2. Windows setup.exe informs user "Cannot re-install Windows from Dos
Prompt"

So I am stuck with a computer with a Dos operating system and no way to move
forward...

HELP would be greatly (I mean greatly) appreciated.  Please excuse the
non-perl question, but I know we got some Linux users here and I am
desparate now.

-Frank