Re: Conf or Properties files...

From:
Jenda Krynicky
Date:
Re: Conf or Properties files...
Message ID:
3C362FAD.16159.14D61F4B@localhost
From:           	"James Kelty" <jamesk@everbase.net>

> I have found two modules ConfReader::Simple and Config::Properties for
> creating and reading configuration files. I have decided to create a
> file with things like the domain name and port information of certain
> hosts I intend to monitor. Which of these two modules would be best?
> Is there another module I missed that would be better?
>
> -James

Not much of an answer ...

There are tens of modules to read/modify config/INI files on CPAN
(and tens more around the net. I have wrote two myself, though in
one of them the INI file handling is just a minor addition.)
Which one to use is a matter of personal taste. Use whichever has
the interface you like and reads/modifies config/ini files with the
syntax you like/need. Nothing more can be said I'm afraid.

Jenda

=========== Jenda@Krynicky.cz == http://Jenda.Krynicky.cz ==========
It's just that in the mess on my table ... and in my brain.
I can't find it.
					--- me