develooper Front page | perl.beginners.cgi | Postings from April 2022

I am not sure what list to refer to for my problem

From:
Olivier
Date:
April 29, 2022 05:39
Subject:
I am not sure what list to refer to for my problem
Message ID:
wu7ilqscut8.fsf@banyan.cs.ait.ac.th
Hello,

My problem is definitlively CGI, but not beginner in any form.

I have a large CGI script (over 2000 lines), that includes interresting
forms, etc. and some calls to openssl ($ret=`openssl x y z`;)

The script works fine.

I am trying to convert it to run through Joomla (to have a consistent
design of the web site).

I have one Joomla article page that consists of calling a PHP script.

The PHP script loads all what is needed, enviroment variables, POST
data, Joomla magic to add JavaScript and CSS to a page, etc. and then
call a slightly modified Perl script, passing all the data.

That works surprisingly well, except for the call to openssl that throws
and error that stangely looks like a problem with openssl itself and
some situation where it does not have its standard error. According to
what I have found about this error, it is a case of doing a fork/exec
when calling openssl.

I have reduced my Perl script to the bare minimum while keeping all the
heavy Joomla/PHP environment. The skeleton script works fine, openssl works
fine.

I do not have any fork/exec in my original Perl script.

I am at lost at what I should look for to find what is broken between my
48 line skeleton script and my 21xx lines script.

I am wondering if there is a better list than this one for my problem.

TIA,

Olivier