develooper Front page | perl.beginners.cgi | Postings from September 2012

Re: cgi development environment

From:
Mark Haney
Date:
September 18, 2012 05:46
Re: cgi development environment
Message ID:
50586D2C.9060600@abemblem.com
On 09/18/2012 08:34 AM, Chris Stinemetz wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I am very interested in cgi scripting. I have only used php for web
> development in the past.
> Would someone please let me know of any good tutorials to get windows
> based web development environment set up and get my feet wet?
>
> Thank you in advance,
>
> Chris

Is there any particular reason it has to be Windows based?  Not that I
think it matters, but perl works okay on windows, but it's not a
platform combo I would recommend.

Would you consider learning it in a VM in Linux?

Otherwise I can get you setup in windows with Perl if you like.  I had
to write up a setup sheet when I was working on a project.

--

Mark Haney
Software Developer/Consultant