develooper Front page | perl.artistic2 | Postings from May 2006

Re: reconciling 4(c)ii with 13

From:
Allison Randal
Date:
May 3, 2006 15:26
Re: reconciling 4(c)ii with 13
Message ID:
44592E11.5070709@perl.org
And, the more complete answer:

It remains to be seen how questions like this would
play out, when more than one open source license is
involved. Although we certainly prefer and encourage
the use of Artistic 2, allowing GPL compatibility is a
matter of providing flexibility to our users. We've
drafted Artistic 2 based on specific needs and
concerns of the Perl community. Perl has a tradition
of giving users great freedom, and encouraging them
to use it wisely.

Allison