develooper Front page | perl.artistic2 | Postings from April 2006

reconciling 4(c)ii with 13

From:
mock
Date:
April 26, 2006 02:39
Subject:
reconciling 4(c)ii with 13
Message ID:
20060426093847.GM20221@obscurity.org
Maybe I'm just not reading this right, but I don't see the point of section 13.

Given 4(c)ii

"a license that permits the licensee to freely copy, modify and redistribute the Modified Version using the same licensing terms that apply to the copy that the licensee received, and requires that the Source form of the Modified Version, and of any works derived from it, be made freely available in that license fees are prohibited but Distributor Fees are allowed."

Can't I do an end run around section 13, by picking an alternate license that
meets 4(c)ii but doesn't have the patent stuff from section 13?  For example
GPL v2.

If not, how can I link GPL code?

If so, what's the point of terminating their license if they can just pick a
license that won't terminate?

mock