develooper Front page | perl.agents | Postings from December 2002

Should have sent this to the list, sorry.

From:
Paul Barry
Date:
December 20, 2002 07:39
Subject:
Should have sent this to the list, sorry.
Message ID:
3E033951.50303@itcarlow.ie
johanvdb wrote:
 > It seems that the Perl Agent framework dates from 1998. Are there any
 > new initiatives under way? Does somebody wants to take up the
 > development of the framework?

I documented the current state of Agent Perl in chapter 6 of my book
(link below).  I did have a student work on some enhancements last year,
and he was supposed to send his code to Steve Purkis.  I'm not sure if
he did this, as his efforts were quite disappointing.  Steve had
indicated that he would like to get the ball rolling again, but also
stated that he wasn't in a position to dedicate a lot of time to it.

If the Perl Agents web-site is no more, I'd be willing to host it here
at IT Carlow (assuming the current state of the site - HTML, etc.) can
be e-mailed to me).

Regards.

Paul.
--
Paul Barry, Institute of Technology, Kilkenny Road, Carlow, Ireland.
E-mail: paul.barry@itcarlow.ie   Telephone: +353+59+9170400.