develooper Front page | perl.agents | Postings from April 2002

Is anybody out there?

From:
Paul Barry
Date:
April 26, 2002 07:29
Subject:
Is anybody out there?
Message ID:
DKEHIBMLEPEKKOJMHLHGCEJHCBAA.paul.barry@itcarlow.ie

Hi!

I used to be on the 'old' list some time ago, and Steve Purkis has just
directed me to this one which I guess is now the "official list" ( ... now I
know why things were so quiet).

In February last, Wiley Computer Publishing published my book, "Programming
the Network with Perl", which includes a chapter on using Agent Perl (v3.20)
to write mobile agents.  After describing the development of a set of
programs that can form the basis of a mobile agent system, I use the system
to write the 'classic' mobile agent distributed 'who' as well as a more
involved mobile agent network management application.  (The previous chapter
in the book covers using Perl to program SNMP).

I'd be interested in hearing from others on this list who have read the
book.  I'm particluarly keen to hear from other Agent Perl programmers.

Find out more about the book here:

http://glasnost.itcarlow.ie/~pnb/index.html

Thanks.

Paul.

--
Paul Barry, Lecturer - Computer Networking.
e-mail: paul.barry@itcarlow.ie