develooper Front page | perl.advocacy | Postings from April 2008

Re: "NASA Uses Python"

From:
brian d foy
Date:
April 6, 2008 02:13
Re: "NASA Uses Python"
Message ID:
060420081113295632%brian.d.foy@gmail.com
In article <200804051552.32009.shlomif@iglu.org.il>, Shlomi Fish
<shlomif@iglu.org.il> wrote:

> If you go to http://www.python.org/ you'll see at the top-right corner a
> picture of an astronaut with the title "NASA uses Python...". Now, to the
> layman or beginner it might sound more impressive, but let's get our facts
> straight.

There's nothing deceptive there. You're saying that the Python people
are lying, and the onyl reason you're saying it is because you think
Perl should win and Python should lose.

> What do you suggest?

I suggest you stop worrying about what other people are doing and just
do good work yourself. Tell good stories about Perl and leave it at
that.